RUBBYTOWN FARMFamily Days Out
Family Days Out
A superb day out for the whole family.
Stuck for what to do if it rains, check out our wet weather days.
Click each pin for more details.
Crealy Adventure Park Devon
Crealy Great Adventure Parks offer fun family days out with the kids in Devon and Cornwall…more
Woodland Theme Park
Leisure park with sixty acres of rides and activities, also a caravan and camping park…more
Dartmoor Zoological Park is a 33-acre zoo near the village of Sparkwell, on the south-west edge of Dartmoor…more
Paignton Zoo is a great family day out, with over 2,000 animals, 6 animal habitats, a Jungle Express train, indoor play areas, good food, easy access and free parking…more
Living Coasts in Torquay is a all-weather zoo and aquarium It is home to a magnificent array of marine life from around the world. Set in a state-of-the-art naturalistic environment…more
Pennywell Farm is an award winning attraction, near Buckfastleigh. There is a different hands on activity, show or display every half hour and four farm rides included in the admission…more
Trethorne Leisure Park, Launceston
Trethorne Leisure Park is a great family day out providing fantastic all weather fun for children of all ages. Easy to find just off the A30 near Launceston…more
Woodlands Family Theme Park is the largest theme park in Devon, a fun filled family day out for everyone. There’s something for anyone and everyone! With one of the largest and best indoor play areas in the South West, amazing water rides, a zoo farm and much more, there’s fun to be had rain or shine.
A great family day out at Paignton Zoo. With over 2,000 animals, 6 animal habitats, a Jungle Express train, indoor play areas, good food, easy access and free parking.
Nation Marine Aquarium
The National Marine Aquarium is the UK’s largest aquarium, located in the city of Plymouth. Explore the fascinating zones, take a journey from Plymouth to the Great Barrier Reef, meeting sharks and rays on the way.
Crealy Theme Park & Resort, is Southwest England’s largest family Theme Park and is home to over 60 rides, attractions, live shows and a zoo. Located just outside Exeter and set in over 100 acres of countryside.
Benjamin Mee recorded the family’s story in his book, “We Bought a Zoo” which was made into a movie of the same name starring Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson in 2012.
Set in 33 acres of beautiful woodland just 20 minutes from Plymouth, Dartmoor Zoo features the largest collection of Big Cats in the region including African Lions, Amur Tigers, Jaguar and Cheetah. Visitors will also find Iberian Wolves, European Brown Bears, South American Tapir, Ostrich, Meerkats, Otters, Monkeys and much more.
Pennywell Farm, near Buckfastleigh has a huge variety of friendly farm animals, from the mighty to the miniature for you to get acquainted with.
With a different hands on animal activity, show or display every half hour, hundreds of friendly farm animals and pets, plus four farm FREE rides, you won’t waste a single minute.
Trethorne Leisure Park
Trethorne Leisure Park is an all weather family fun day out with large indoor and outdoor play areas and animals. Separately there is also ten pin bowling, dodgems, games arcade restaurant & bar.
Wet Weather Days
Meadowlands Leisure Centre
Mount Kelly Swim Centre
Plymouth Life Centre
Marjon Sports and Health Centre
Get In Touch
Tel: 01822 481811
Rubbytown Farm is located 4 miles west of Tavistock.
From the A30 heading north
- Take the A388 exit towards Plymouth / A38 / Callington / Liskeard / A390 / Tavistock / B3362.
- Turn right onto Tavistock Rd/A388 at the roundabout, continue straight to stay on Tavistock Rd/A388
- Continue to follow A388, turn left onto B3362 follow road over Greystone bridge and continue on B3362 through Milton Abbot.
- Turn right at Carrs Garage to stay on B3362 then at the Sign for Rubbytown/Wheal Josiah Turn right and we are the first left.
From M5 heading south
- Turn off at junction 31 onto the A30 and follow past Exeter and Okehampton.
- Take the A386 slip road to Tavistock/Plymouth A3079
Turn left onto A386 follow the road for 12 miles, At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Dolvin Rd/A386
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Abbey Bridge/A386 and at the next roundabout take the 1st exit onto Plymouth Rd/A386
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A390 and at the next roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Callington Rd/A390.
- Continue to follow A390 for 3 miles then take the 3rd exit onto B3362.
- Turn left at the sign for Rubbytown/Wheal Joshiah and we are the first left.