RUBBYTOWN FARMBiking Hiking and Horse Riding
A Rubbytown Farm we are ideally situated on the doorstep of Dartmoor National Park, so wether you are looking for cycle routes, great walking routes or horse riding locations, you never have far to go.
Click each pin for more details.
The Granite Way is a truly spectacular cycle and walking route between Okehampton and Lydford. The trail is ideal for families and those new to cycling, and a great way to enjoying this beautiful part of Devon.
Route 27 combines the beaches and estuaries of North Devon with the lush green valleys of the Torridge, the Tavy, the Walkham and other West Country rivers. The route also skirts around the western flank of Dartmoor, offering superb views of Cornwall and the surrounding area.
There are many spectacular walks available across Dartmoor, some start right outside or front door. There are literally hundreds of walks on and around Dartmoor from a gentle stroll to an all-day hike.
Letter boxing is very popular in the area, with similarities to orienteering, a small pot (the letterbox) containing a stamp and visitors’ book is hidden on the moor, and a clue is written to lead others to its position. Clues may be as simple as a map reference and list of compass bearings, or may be more cryptic.
Walking on Dartmoor – Visit Dartmoor
Dartmoor Horse Riding
One of the most enjoyable ways to see the moors is in the saddle, away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Just a mile North of Mary Tavy is Cholwell Riding Stables
Get In Touch
Tel: 01822 481811
Rubbytown Farm is located 4 miles west of Tavistock.
From the A30 heading north
- Take the A388 exit towards Plymouth / A38 / Callington / Liskeard / A390 / Tavistock / B3362.
- Turn right onto Tavistock Rd/A388 at the roundabout, continue straight to stay on Tavistock Rd/A388
- Continue to follow A388, turn left onto B3362 follow road over Greystone bridge and continue on B3362 through Milton Abbot.
- Turn right at Carrs Garage to stay on B3362 then at the Sign for Rubbytown/Wheal Josiah Turn right and we are the first left.
From M5 heading south
- Turn off at junction 31 onto the A30 and follow past Exeter and Okehampton.
- Take the A386 slip road to Tavistock/Plymouth A3079
Turn left onto A386 follow the road for 12 miles, At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Dolvin Rd/A386
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Abbey Bridge/A386 and at the next roundabout take the 1st exit onto Plymouth Rd/A386
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A390 and at the next roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Callington Rd/A390.
- Continue to follow A390 for 3 miles then take the 3rd exit onto B3362.
- Turn left at the sign for Rubbytown/Wheal Joshiah and we are the first left.